boundaries and goodbyes
WATCH TRAILER HERE
MONDAY NIGHTS, 7PM, via zoom
BEGINS JAN. 23RD
Is it unloving or selfish to set a boundary? Are Christians ever called to walk away from a relationship that’s no longer safe or sustainable? LYSA has asked these hard questions in the midst of her own relational struggles.
But after thousands of hours of counseling intensives and theological research, Lysa has discovered that good boundaries pave the road for the truest version of love to emerge within the relationships that make up so much of who we are and what we want the most. And, sometimes, a goodbye really is necessary for the health of everyone involved.
Building upon and further unpacking the scriptural concepts in Good Boundaries and Goodbyes, this six-session Bible study with Lysa will equip you to:
● Determine the appropriate amount of personal and emotional access someone has to you based on how responsible they’ll be with that access.
● Stop being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized scriptures that perpetuate unhealthy dynamics in difficult relationships.
● Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with biblical principles and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep, and implement healthier patterns.
● Be equipped to say goodbye when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive and is no longer sustainable by studying 3 types of goodbyes found in God’s Word.
● Receive therapeutic and theological wisdom you can trust directly from Lysa’s Christian counselor Jim Cress, and Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Director of Theology, Dr. Joel Muddamalle.
Sessions and video runtimes:
1. Boundaries Aren’t Just a Good Idea, They’re a God Idea (22:00)
2. A Relationship Can Only Be As Healthy As The People In It (28:00)
3. Maybe We’ve Been Looking at Walls All Wrong (20:30)
4. Old Patterns, New Practices (21:30)
5. People in the Bible Who Had to Say Hard Goodbyes (30:30)
6. You’re Going to Make It (26:00)
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the author of more than twenty-five books, including It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way and the #1 New York Times bestsellers Forgiving What You Can’t Forget and Uninvited. She writes from her family’s farm table and lives in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com or on social media @LysaTerKeurst.